Preaching the Gospel in Taiwan

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

TYPHOOOOOON!!!


Dear Mom, Dad, Eric, Belle, and Coffee,

Tracting in gale force winds and water up to your hips is more fun than you make it out to be.  Does that adequately answer your question?  I'm exaggerating about water up to your hips, for the water was only up to mid ankles.  I actually think that the Typhoon was much more anticlimactic than last year's.  Regardless, we did proselyte in it, for "no unhallowed hand" can stop the will of the Lord.  I didn't get to go to the temple because of it though.  Instead I will be going tomorrow.

Le Tour de France.  I wonder whether my opinions toward it have changed or not.  Right now I can't really think of how I feel about it, but I suppose a year from now we can see.  I think it's great, however, that you all are working so hard to take care of your bodies.  That's honestly vital. The Lord wants us to be healthy and fit. He wants us to constantly do our best to maintain ourselves in order to be tools in the Lord's hand.  Poor health is obviously detrimental to that.  If we are unhealthy, we are limited.  Just like if we don't develop our talents, we are limited.  If we don't get a good education, a good job, etc. we are limited.  That's one thing I've realized on my mission, I need to develop those talents when I return and become successful material (through the Lord's way) in order to help more people.  Before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the Kingdom of God.  I feel that's why so many general authorities are so educated and wealthy, because only the most capable can be chosen to serve the Lord in those capacities.  We must stretch ourselves and grow in order to be the most effective, efficient, well-oiled tool we can be.

The world is decaying in wickedness and disobedience.  I just wish that others would learn to submit to the will of the Lord.  Following yourself will only lead to unhappiness.  The Lord is the only correct path.  It makes my heart hurt.  There is so much immorality abounding that the Lord must be doing all he can to stay His mighty hand.  The time soon cometh, however.

Keep following the Lord in those decisions, Dad.  Thank you so much for being such a great example of a righteous priesthood leader in our home.  I am eternally grateful for your example to me, mom, and Eric.  You always consult the Lord.

We had a short term missionary with us for a week.  He was a youth from my companion's former area who, for a youth activity, came
proselyting with us for a week.  He did a great job.  Really awesome young man. He will certainly serve a full time mission.  I wish I had had opportunities like this when I was younger, but I suppose in Utah there are many more willing youth than missionaries so the opportunity is less.
The mission truly is blazing by.  I want it to slow down, but I know if it feels like it's slowing down, it means I'm doing something wrong.  I suppose I want an extension at the least, but they are nigh impossible to attain.  Because of this, I will in fact be returning on January 3rd.  As far as classes, please talk with a counselor soon and confirm that I am returning.  I need help picking, so I would love it if we could focus part of each email on this.  If needs be, I can get permission to scout out BYU's website.  

I love you all so much.  Don't worry about me.  The typhoon has come and gone and I'm still here.  A little wet, but still standing.  You all are the best thing in my life.  I'm happy that the most important things in my life are the best.  Keep being the amazing people you are and draw closer to the Lord every day.  Decide not to argue when you feel you want to.  Read a scripture when you have a free moment that you could spend watching television.  Take a moment to say a prayer when stressed out.  The Lord's way is greater than our ways 10/10 times. I love you.

- Elder Woolsey

No comments:

Post a Comment