Preaching the Gospel in Taiwan

Monday, July 8, 2013

Moving Forward


Dear Mom, Dad, Eric, Belle, and Cofee,

Time is still moving like at a bullet's pace.  Shocking, really.  Elder Jensen emailed me today and it about knocked me over.  I can feel the maturity in his written emails.  Very impressive.  I imagine that he is an incredible missionary and has endured faithfully.  I hope you all know that I am working as hard as I can.  Obedience really has become my quest and eternal life with you four and my recent converts the goal.  This morning and conducted an activity out of Preach My Gospel that asks you what you want to become when you leave your mission, what you want to have done, and what you want others to see in you.  I hope that I have changed and that I am still changing.  I want nothing more than to be a fully converted disciple of Christ.

My trainer emailed me today and compared our missions to our lives in that if we can work diligently for two years and never give up or slow down on any part, we won't mess up in our lives either.  I love this analogy and found it motivating.  I have no intentions of giving up in either one.  Also, my point in telling you about my trainer's family was not to offend, but rather to encourage you to seek new ways to come closer tot he Lord each day.  I imagine that you already have.  I've actually mentioned this to Eric before, but I have noticed a tangible difference in the way dad writes his emails (a different level of spiritual maturity) that I've been very impressed by.  I just want you all to keep reading and praying daily, magnifying callings, and loving the journey.  If you do, you will progress.  Worry about the little things, not the big things like, "have I changed?"

It's hot here as well.  Elder Ye and I had a very difficult day last week where we were outside most of the day contacting,
tracting, and traveling which resulted in a lack of hydration and a serious sunburn.  It was fun though.  Coming back knowing that you've worked very diligently is a lovely feeling.  I love knowing I'm doing the Lord's work in the Lord's way.  It keeps me motivated in those difficult moments.

Having a native companion is amazing and fascinating.  He is an INCREDIBLE teacher.  He loves the Lord and his conversion story is amazing.  He wants to be the best missionary he can be and has great desires.  There are some culture shock things associated with it though.  He wears sandals indoors where ever he goes, showers at night, and perspectives on many different things are seemingly unusual, but in the grand scheme of things, they don't bother me or get in the way of having an amazing relationship.  he is such a good missionary.  I love being his companion.  We will see success together for certain.  My hope is that my Chinese will improve, but I don't know if it will. He wants to practice English all of the time which is fine.  Right now we are alternating days.  English and Chinese days.

Well, President
Blickenstaff has arrived and he is incredible. He's on fire.  He speaks and stands and acts like Mitt Romney in many ways.  When he enters a room, he commands it.  Sister Blickenstaff also has a Michele Obama feeling about her.  Truly fascinating.  He has some amazing plans for ward involvement in missionary work which I think will be very productive and progressive.  I can't wait to get to know him more.  We are interviewing with him next week, so I will report more on that next week.

I nearly forgot. Living with Elder Erickson is a GO.  A GREEN LIGHT.  I get to live in a righteous environment to maintain standards and it's cheap!  Tell BYU it's a go and then plan accordingly for that housing.  I'm still pending more information for that, but I already told Elder Erickson to set a spot for me.  It sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  Thoughts?  I would love to hear them.

I love you all. Don't give up or give in.  Work constantly for the Kingdom of God.  

- Elder Woolsey

No comments:

Post a Comment