Preaching the Gospel in Taiwan

Sunday, September 1, 2013

MEGA ZONE


Dear Mom, Dad, Eric, Belle, and Coffee,

I wish I had gone into the MTC earlier in many ways.  I have several co-missionaries that are extending or trying to extend.  I want to be here longer, but it's not the most efficient thing to do.  I don't know.  I know going home at that time is the right thing to do, but there is always that voice in the back of my head that makes me want to stay. Any advice for this situation?  What's the right thing to do?

Time is seriously blazing by.  It's going by faster than I've ever imagined.  Days and months are flying off of the calendars.  It's stunning.  I can't hold on to it no matter how much I try.  I can't even wrap my mind around how fast things are going.  I'm trying to improve and progress, but time seems so short.  I want to be great, but it's like a whirlwind.  I can't do anything, but embrace it, but it's hard to fully submit to time constraints.  I'm rambling slightly, but boy do I love my mission.  I can't even comprehend doing anything else.  I love every moment and it makes me want to cry just contemplating returning home.  I want to shout and cry and a dozen other emotions, but I know that that's not right at the same time.  I can't describe the emotions in my heart right now.

Classes?  I think those classes sound fine.  I need a writing class for certain, and Chinese as well.  I can't decide what to pick for a major.  I want to do Law, Medicine, Business, or Writing to be honest.  I definitely need direction.  Sorry, I won't be following in the Semiconductor footsteps.  A counselor will help a lot with this decision I think.  I'm excited to see the results of your conversation.  I want to be busy with school upon returning.  Please give me many credit hours.  One of the classes can be religious at least.  That will add mandatory credits, but won't be too difficult.

I loved my MacBook from two years ago.  Something similar would be beyond fantastic.  Don't spend unnecessary money on me though.  I want to get independent as fast as possible.

Traveling sounds incredibly fun.  You'll love Europe.  My companion is British as you all know, and he is amazing.  Incredibly humble, diligent, and loves learning.  Great person.  I will definitely be friends with him after the mission if I can. 

The ZhongXing Mega Zone as Elder Chan and I call it is incredible.  We got special permission to hold an extra long Zone Training Meeting in which we discussed Obedience, Diligence, and Faith with regards to missionary work.  It was wonderful.  We made these huge flags that said ZHONGXING: FAITH, OBEDIENCE, DILIGENCE on them and had everyone sign them.  We practiced teaching a lot and it was full of enthusiasm and excitement.  Great meeting.  The zone is improving steadily.  Exchanges are insane.  We are literally exchanging every other day every week of this move call.  It is burning a huge (but reimbursable) hole in my missionary pocket.  I love being a missionary though.  I get to proselyte with a ton of amazing people.  I can't even comprehend returning right now. The thought makes me sick.

I hope that you all are doing great.  I want to hear more about your spiritual progression in your next email.  A brief testimony would be a welcome change.  Please inspire me to keep working hard. 

I love you all more than you know.  I love the Lord more than anything.  I love my mission.  I have changed and will continue to change on my endless journey to become the perfect disciple of Jesus Christ.  I plan to tear up everything I do from now until forever.  This life is the time to prepare to meet God.  I love my Savior.  He died for me that I might live.  He gave me literally everything that I may be happy.  He loves me.  My Father in Heaven loves me too.  I can do all things through Him.  The Book of Mormon is a powerful witness of this truth.  This is the only true church on the entire face of the earth and will be forever. 

- Elder Woolsey

No comments:

Post a Comment