Preaching the Gospel in Taiwan

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stand in Holy Places


Dear Mom, Dad, Eric, Belle, and Coffee,

Thank you so much for emailing me every week.  I love hearing from you all.  I love knowing what's going on and that you are all safe and happy.  I hope that I can fulfill the expectations that you all have for my return.  It's still many months away so don't get too excited.  Time is moving so fast.  My companion is going home a week from tomorrow.  His mission is all but over.  And considering that we have been serving together for about three months, it feels very strange indeed.  I don't want to go home.  On top of that, Elder Haag...or rather Brother Haag wrote me an email describing home life.  Apparently he ran six miles at once and got a job already.  That sounds relatively productive.  He also said that there is nothing to miss at home.  Which is also helpful to hear.  I already know it's true, but it helps.

President Monson invited us in the last General Conference to contribute money, if we have it to the Missionary Fund.  I don't know what your financial situations are like, but it may be something that you may want to consider.  I just noticed that this morning as I was reading the
Liahona during breakfast.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!  I almost wish we got another call home for Father's Day as well, but I suppose that there wouldn't be much to say beyond what has already been said.  There's so little time left that I don't know what more to say beyond the monotonous.  As it gets later into my mission, I'm realizing that it's getting easier to just do this forever.  It's my life.  It's who I am.  I love it. I feel successful.  I don't know a better way to live.  

Dad, you are amazing.  I hope you realize that the best example that you can give  Mom, Eric, and I is to exercise your priesthood worthily within the walls of your home.  I know that is what you have done for a long, long, time now and it is exciting. I love it.  Thank you for being that wonderful example to me and Eric of being a man.  Setting goals and making plans to achieve and then achieving them.  Also, to be kind to mom and be a magnifier of all callings you receive helps me know what I want to become.  Thank you so much, Dad. Sorry, I don't have any gifts, but I'll be home soon.  I'm moneyless.

That's a negative on the package and a negative on the pants as well.  Don't worry, I still have clothes that I can wear.

Not much has changed except that we are working harder than ever to continue to do the Lord's work.  Keep reading scriptures together and being productive in achieving goals.  Enjoy life.  I want you all to have changed for the better when I go home.  Be productive!  Get closer to the Lord!  Improve!  I miss you all, but we are meant to seize our lives and go to work.  Please do so!

I  will stand in holy places, and I will not move.

- Elder Woolsey

No comments:

Post a Comment