Preaching the Gospel in Taiwan

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

January 3, 2014


Dear Mom, Dad, Eric, Belle, and Coffee,
I feel like the title of this email explains a lot.  President Bishop just informed me that three days before the new semester there will be a mini move call that will allow all those in my generation who wish to begin schooling that semester to return home at that time.  In essence, I would be finishing 15 days before two years and would start school 2-3 days (depending on travel time and layovers) after returning home on the following Monday.  If I were leaving next month, this is the option I would be taking and we should plan on it being the case.  I figured that you would be pretty excited about that.  At the same time it will likely be difficult to suddenly move out after being there for only two days.  I'm not entirely sure what kind of logistical things need to go into making that happen, but details on it would be great.  I'm sure that it's the option that you would support, but what all needs to happen and how soon?  Please fill me in on all decisions I need to make in as detailed, but as clear and simple of terms as possible.  Especially deadlines on things.  For example, if I need to know housing by the 23rd of June, I need to know that.  If I have till August, I want to wait until things are more certain.  This likely will not change unless I receive a prompting to extend.

Like you surely imagined, we had a temple trip this week and therefore I was unable to email on Monday.  I still don't have a lot of time today so I will keep this quick, but I hope that you aren't worried about me.  I am safe.  I am happy.  I loved the temple.  I don't know what it is, but HALF of our Zone just happened to go with the North Taizhong Zone on the same day.  Why is this significant?  Elder Haag is in the North Taizhong Zone.  We had an opportunity to talk about a lot of different things and how we can establish our lives firmly in the gospel.  He, unfortunately, is leaving for America in a week and a half.  After so much of my mission, he will be gone.  What a great example of a fully converted disciple of Christ.  Of all the missionaries in the mission, you would LOVE him the most.  He is very mature for his age and is really bold.  He's also good with adults.  I guess you'll meet him in January.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!  Each year brings more wisdom and more happiness.  Thank you for being so dedicated to the gospel for so many years.  Your example of enduring to the end is tremendous and inspiring.  I want to establish a family similar to ours, but hopefully even better.  I think that this is likely the hope of all parents, for their children to surpass them.  I want to make you proud as a father.  I hope you know, also, that you are doing incredibly, incredibly well.  You have given Eric and I a wonderful example of how to love your wife and to always put the gospel first.  Thank you so much for being so patient and loving to Eric and me throughout all of these years.  Truly phenomenal.

Star Trek sounds great.  I can't wait to see those things with you.  I still have a long long time so don't get too excited, but that being said, we will all be together soon and being making new memories together instead of just dwelling by the warmth of the old.  I miss you all so much and I hope that you know that although I often say I don't want to go home or things of that nature, that I love you very very much.  You three are my best friends and my favorite people on the planet.  I don't know how any person could possibly be more happy than me.  I have the best family that Heavenly Father has ever given to a single person.  I honestly believe that the Lord has rewarded me.  I don't know why...I suppose I just needed a little more help than the average person and I couldn't handle that much adversity.  Keep being amazing examples to me.

You'll have to scout out the new temple site in Rome when you go to Italy.  I imagine that that country will be beyond remarkable. I expect many many pictures from the adventure and many stories to boot.  I love the idea of exploring new cultures and peoples.  I hope that sometime in the not too distant future (maybe next Summer), we can all come back to Taiwan together and I can give you a taste of real Chinese culture and the amazing people that reside here.  Truly an amazing place.
I love you all so much.  Keep pushing yourself forward and doing your best every day.  I love you all so much.  

- Elder Woolsey
P.S. We baptized last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment