Preaching the Gospel in Taiwan

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Time Constraints


Dear Mom, Dad, Eric, Belle, and the alleged "Beast,"

I just want to say how much I love you all.  Time hastens onward and the closer it gets to the end the faster it accelerates.  One lesson I've learned in life however is that when you are focused, enjoying yourself, and working hard, time speeds up and you wonder where time has gone.  When you dislike what you're doing, are being lazy, or unfocused, time seems to crawl and slips through your fingers.  I've come to realize this on my mission.  The first time I trained I experienced the turning point in my maturity and mission.  At this time, I felt for a couple of weeks that time slowed down and looking back was in a slight state of depression.  I felt like I contributed to a problem and didn't remedy it.  Now, looking at the time since then, it has raced by in a flash and each week I type these emails I'm shocked it's Monday again.  I have a great desire to call it back, but like Elder Boyd K. Packer said two conferences ago in his very eloquent and cute poem, 

"If I could now turn back the years,
If that were mine to choose,
I would not barter age for youth,
I’d have too much to lose.
I am quite content to move ahead,
To yield my youth, however grand.
The thing I’d lose if I went back
Is what I understand."

I love what I've experienced and I can't recall it back for if I do, I would be making a great mistake.  This mission has changed me and I can't wait for you all to see that it's true.  It's what I've been working for my entire mission: to honestly change and become more like Christ.  I intend to make these changes permanent.  

Jordan wrote me a long letter.  I'm really grateful that he remembered to write me.  I have lost communication with almost all of my former friends and family members except you all.  Any communication is a blessing indeed.  I love hearing from Jordan.  It sounds like he's doing a lot of traveling and other things of that nature.  It sounds really exciting actually.  I can't wait to see him and the rest of the family again at some point. 

How are Denise and Ray doing?  Are they attending church meetings?  Are they happy?  How are things on their end?

Mom, you look super pretty in those pictures!

Snow.  I fear snow.  I can't imagine what it feels like anymore.  I worry I'm going to dry out like a prune.  

There is so much going on at home, I hope that I don't provide too big of a distraction. I just want to help in any way possible.  I don't know how, but I can help.  I pray for this situation every night.  I hope that it works out for the better of the family.  

I love you all so much.  I'm doing great, and I keep getting distracted by class selection.  Thank you so much for loving me so much.  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment