Preaching the Gospel in Taiwan

Monday, October 14, 2013

Time Flies on Wings of Lightening


Dear Mom, Dad, Eric, Belle, and Coffee,

To be honest, I occasionally have pangs of desire to extend my mission out to the other date.  I decided that this is likely not what should be done though.  My mission president, parents, and my understanding of the education process post-mission all led me to believe that returning home at that time was what needed to be done.  I want to serve forever, but my Mission President said that in the grand scheme of things the difference won't be much, but my not going home in time for school could make a large difference. I also read a quote by President Boyd K. Packer where he had a concern and didn't feel like the revelation he received through prayer directed him enough.  He sought out his priesthood leader (which was the President of the church at the time who told him to talk to a later would become President of the Church.  He said that he "tried to be obedient to the counsel given" which made me realize the importance of inspired counsel.  We should obey the counsel given by our leaders as long as it directs us to choose the right.

I imagine that mom is bouncing off the walls, but don't get too excited, there is still about three months left.  Don't let it get to you.  Please choose classes immediately.  Mitt Romney was actually and English Major by the way.  I figure that if I need to, I can switch my major.  For the time being I will pursue this course.  My mission president said that he did something similar.  He took many different things and while sitting in a Chemistry class, the teacher reminded him of his father and therefore he pursued that course.  I hope that as I search that I will find the course to take quickly.

Speaking of the suit, I'm working on it.  I knew where to get one before, but no one seems to know where to find it in this area.  I'll have to do a little hunting and asking of members.  They will surely know or at any rate they can look it up online.  I'll try to get that found out and go seek it out hopefully next week.
Your trip sounds breathtaking to say the least.  I hope that I get to accompany you all on your next trip to such a culturally diverse place. I naturally have a great desire to travel after having come on my mission.  The desire to see different cultures and peoples sounds thrilling.  I love learning about history and how people have evolved (or lack thereof) over time.  I'm excited for such prospects.  I don't know what all to say with regards to your trip except that it sounds wonderful.  I'm glad you loved it so much.  Keep sending pictures!  Catacombs, pizza, Venice, I would love to see it all!

Elder Brinley and I are only now really getting the area on its feet.  We have a lot of baptismal goals, but none are having that "A-HA!" moment we're all looking for.  It's not quite clicking for many of them and it's frustrating to say the least.  We are working incredibly hard and I'm pretty sure that my companion's legs are about to fall off from all of the cycling.  He's hurting pretty bad, but it's all part of the experience.  I remember how my first weeks were as well.  He's a trooper and doing well.  I can't wait to see the upcoming successes.

I love you all so much.  Please help me transition well into the new life that awaits. I don't know what to expect, but I know that the Lord will help and you all will help.  I want to get off sprinting.  You all mean so much to me.  I pray for you each night and hope that you are all safe and sound.  I want to hear at least one revelation that everyone received from conference next week.  Please share your thoughts!  I can't wait!

- Elder Woolsey

No comments:

Post a Comment