Preaching the Gospel in Taiwan

Thursday, December 26, 2013

"...as it were unto us a dream..."


Dear Mom, Dad, and Eric,

The sun is setting on the sweetest and most lovely time of my entire life.  I've never been so happy.  I'm never felt so accomplished.  I've put everything I have in me into my mission.  I worked harder than I ever thought imaginable.  I love the Lord.

My mission blazed by on wings of lightening and I am so far from ready to return home.  I want to serve God forever.  "O THAT I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!  Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth."

If there's anything I've learned from my mission, it's that I am to serve God with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength for the rest of eternity.  I love the gospel.  I just want to declare repentance unto all for all of eternity.  I never want this desire to be taken from me for I know for a fact, "...for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire..."

I know that this gospel is true and I can never deny it.  I will take home with me a love of the gospel, my family, I will know my purpose, I will have correct habits and desire.  I take home much more than trinkets and toys (although I do have a couple of those as well).

I will see you before you know it. 

- Elder Woolsey

No comments:

Post a Comment